Scroll for Important Safety Information.
Topicort® (desoximetasone) Topical Spray, 0.25% is a corticosteroid indicated for the treatment of plaque psoriasis in patients 18 years of age or older.
Important Safety Information
- Topicort® Topical Spray 0.25% has not been studied in children under 18 years of age, use in children under 18 is not recommended.
- Topicort® Spray should be used for the shortest amount of time needed to treat psoriasis. Tell your doctor if your condition has not improved, you should not use Topicort® Spray for longer than 4 weeks.
- When using Topicort® Spray you should not bandage, cover, or wrap the treated skin area.
- Topicort® Spray can pass through your skin. Too much Topicort® Spray passing through your skin can affect the function of your adrenal glands. Your doctor may do blood tests to check for adrendal gland problems. Adrenal gland function typically returns to normal after stopping treatment with a corticosteroid.
- The most common side effects of Topicort® Spray include dryness, irritation, and itching of skin at the treated site.
- These are not all the possible side effects of Topicort® Spray, tell your doctor if you have any side effects that do not go away.
Please see full Prescribing Information
References: 1. Data on file. Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. 2. Topicort® Topical Spray Prescribing Information.Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. 3. Topical Corticoseroids Myths & Facts. National Eczema Association Website. https://nationaleczema.org/wp-content/docs/nea_topical_corticosteroids.pdf. Accessed 6/30/16.
Distributed by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. • TaroPharma® and Topicort® are registered trademarks of Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
©2016 Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. All rights reserved. This site is intended for US residents only. SM1000164